Saturday, September 24, 2011

Eating On The Road

Yesterday presented one of the most difficult things I deal with on a regular basis.  Eating on the road.  With my job, I travel a lot, and am always presented with the difficult decision of how to eat while still remaining healthy.  Yesterday was breakfast only, as I had to leave early to get some local work done.  I have found that what works for me as the best breakfast on the road is actually McDonald's. Sausage McMuffin and a small orange juice.  The sandwich is 370 calories and has 14 grams of protein.  I know that eating at a fast food restaurant is not really what people would think of as smart when dieting, but this has always worked for me.  It's all about balancing it out.  When I'm on the road, eating breakfast at McDonalds, I always have salad for lunch.  And if you ask McDonald's for a large ice water, they'll give you a 32 oz cup for water, typically for $.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment